Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bug's 1st Birthday Gift: No-Sew Quiet Book

I've known for a while that for Bug's First Birthday I wanted to make him a Quiet Book. Quiet books are great for those times when you need your child to wait quietly such as church or a doctor's office.  They're all over pinterest and my favorite blogs. I love them! Unfortunately, I can't sew. And I was realistic in the fact that I couldn't learn how to sew and make a quiet book in a couple  months. So I opted for a no-sew version. I got my inspriation from checking out pinterest, coloring book pages, and file folder games on the web. All pages and accessories are laminated. The pages are held in a 1 1/2" binder.

Presenting, Bug's No-Sew Quiet Book...




Page 1: Thanks to mormonchic.com   'Dress The Bear'
There is a Magnetic Strip on the back of the bear and on the back of each outfit so it simply sticks on top of the bear.


Page 2: Wheels on the Bus
This is a Clip-Art sheet I printed. Wheels spin (attached with brads). Windows go up and down (attached with magnet). Door opens (attached with velcro).


Page 3: Match the Shapes
This is a coloring page I printed. I used pattern paper to trace the shapes. They attach with velcro.


Page 4: Noah's Ark
Thanks to mormonchic.com.  The extra animals are stored in the envelope. You match them to those on the ark via magnet.


Page 5: Dinosaure Color Match
Thanks to FileFolderFun.com. Attach the colored eggs to the dinosaur with velcro.


Page 6: Create a Cupcake
This is a Coloring Page I printed. The cupcake bottoms stay on the sheet of paper and you attach different tops via magnet.


Page 7: Africa Animals
Another coloring page. Match the halves of the animals.


Page 8: Number/Color Match
Another Coloring Page. Match the bottom of the egg to the top via velcro.


Page 9: Bee and Hive
Used a coloring page for the bee and the hive. Use your fingers to trace the lines to get the bee to the hive. Great small motor activity.


Page 10: Nativity Scene
Coloring Page via Oriental Trading. Add the sheet, shepard, and star via Velcro.


Page 11: Car Track
I just free handed this using felt. You can use the car that goes with it or a Hot Wheels car. This is velcrored to the back of the binder so it doesn't slide off.



I'm so excited to play with this with Bug! I hope he loves it as much as I do.

(Please Note: Because of the use of magnets, child should be supervised)



3 comments:

  1. cute ideas. Do you have the files for dress the bear. I noticed that the mormonchic links are dead. I am looking for the baseball uniform and and the pajamas

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my email is MSt26242 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I would also love the files for dress the bear please. It's impossible to get onto the website. Do you actually have an email address for mormonchic so I can contact her?

    ReplyDelete